Mediterranean Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad Recipe With Parsley Parmesan Vinaigrette by California Wines
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 large globe eggplant, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pint (8 ounces) cherry, grape or other small tomatoes, cut in half
- 16 small fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- parsley leaves with stem, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices using 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the slices for 6 minutes on each side. Let cool completely. Cut into 1-inch pieces and place a large bowl.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk the vinegar, Parmesan, parsley, shallots and measured salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- To serve, add the tomatoes, mozzarella and pine nuts to the eggplant. Add 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Divide the salad among four plates. Garnish with parsley. Pass the remaining vinaigrette separately.
Photo: California Wines
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.