6-Ingredient Peach Garlic Chicken Recipe Is a Fix It & Forget It Favorite by Donna John
Being a little leery of putting chicken in a slow cooker, I wasn't sure about this slow-cooker recipe, though it sounded delicious. I've never had a bad experience cooking chicken this way, I've just don't do it often. This slow-cooked chicken recipe with a garlicy sweet peach glaze has changed my mind.
Because there's just two of us, I cut the easy recipe in half and cooked it on low for four hours. Crispy chicken skin is a must for us, so I popped it under the broiler for a couple minutes when it was done cooking to crisp it up. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high
Total Time: 5 to 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high
- 8 bone-in chicken pieces (I used 4 chicken thighs)
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used fresh ginger)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put into the slow cooker.
- Combine the peach preserves, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger and crushed red pepper flakes, is using, in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- Optional: Remove the fully cooked chicken and put it into a baking dish. Broil for a couple minutes to crisp up the skin.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Peach Preserves $2 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Soy Sauce $3
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $3 & Up
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.