5-Ingredient Wine-Marinated Chicken Recipe Represents Two Countries by 30Seconds Food
Cuisine: Italian / French
Prep Time: 2 hours to overnight
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 30 minutes plus 2 plus hours to marinate
- 2 - 3 pounds chicken pieces, skin removed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary or fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 bottle (750ml) red wine
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the garlic, herbs and 1/4 cup olive oil in a large bowl. Season the chicken with salt and and pepper and add to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Pour the wine over the chicken. Gently mix to coat. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade (save the marinade!). Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Pour the reserved marinade into the pan and gently simmer until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.