Easy Stir-fried Cashew Chicken Recipe With Broccoli Is Tried-and-True Delicious by Melissa Vickers
Around here, the foods we tend to eat the most often in one form or another are chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and cashews. This version of the traditional Chinese restaurant specialty dish has them all! With juicy chicken, crisp broccoli and a flavorful sauce, you'll love this easy cashew chicken recipe.
Serve this stir-fry chicken recipe over your favorite rice and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat and cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce (try this easy homemade hoisin sauce recipe)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce (divided)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup whole roasted cashews
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the chicken into a bowl. Add the hoisin sauce and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir to combine then let it sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the 2/3 cup soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, sugar and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add crushed red pepper flakes to oil, if using. Once hot, add half chicken in an even layer and cook for 3 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove chicken to a plate and repeat with rest of the chicken.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add broccoli and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Return chicken to skillet. Add cashews. Pour in sauce and cook, stirring often, until sauce has thickened to your liking.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Low-sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Cashews $5 & Up
White Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.