Apple Banana Oatmeal Muffins Recipe: This Healthier Muffin Recipe Is Lower in Fat & Sugar by Melissa Vickers
This muffin recipe uses less sugar and oil than many muffin mixes, but the fruit makes up for both. These apple banana muffins are great for breakfast – and hey, let’s have breakfast, again, right now – or as a healthy snack.
Muffins are also good to pack for lunches. But my favorite way to eat them is hot out of the oven!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups large rolled oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas, the riper, the better)
- 1 cup grated unpeeled apple (approximately 1 large apple)
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix oatmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and sugar until fluffy. Add milk and mix well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, and when the flour is almost incorporated, fold in the mashed banana and grated apple. Do not over mix. Fold in only until the fruit is mixed through the batter.
- Spoon into greased or lined muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $6 & Up
Whole Wheat Flour $3 & Up
Rolled Oats $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.