Easy Fragrant Coconut Ginger Rice Recipe Smells Heavenly by Donna John
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (shake the can before opening)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water. Add the sugar, lime zest and salt, to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Let the rice stand about 5 minutes before fluffy with a fork.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.