5-Ingredient Cacio e Pepe Lasagna Recipe: Make This White Lasagna Recipe ASAP by Donna John
Cacio e pepe is an amazing Italian pasta dish created in Rome that's simply pasta, cheese and black pepper. This easy cacio e pepe lasagna recipe is a twist on the classic and turns this traditional dish into lasagna!
The white lasagna recipe is made with lasagna noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan or pecorino, and black pepper. After being layered, the lasagna is baked until golden, cheesy and absolutely delicious. You can bake this creamy cacio e pepe lasagna recipe in individual ramekins or in a shallow casserole baking dish like I did.
Serve this baked cacio e pepe lasagna as a vegetarian main dish or as a side dish. Next time I'll sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes on top before baking for just a hint of heat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 container (15 to 16 ounces) ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or pecorino, plus more for top
- 1 - 2 teaspoons black pepper (I used about 1 teaspoon then sprinkled more on the top)
- olive oil
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the lasagna noodles until al dente, according to box directions. Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Add the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and black pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture between four oiled 8-ounce ramekins or one shallow casserole dish. Top with more grated Parmesan and black pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until hot, bubbly and brown in spots.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8-ounce Ramekins $8 & Up
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Lasagna Noodles $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.