Cannellini Bean Soup Recipe With Farro: This Creamy 6-Ingredient Soup Recipe Is Quick & Healthy by 30Seconds Food
Farro is an ancient wheat grain that originated in Mesopotamia, a region of western Asia. Besides being an unrefined grain, there are many health benefits of farro and it is a good grain to add to your healthy diet.
This easy soup recipe not only has farro, but protein-packed cannellini beans. Quick and easy, this bean soup recipe is a filling lunch or dinner. You could throw in some fresh spinach leaves or chopped kale.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Coo Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups vegetable broth (you could use chicken broth)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 1 cup chopped carrots
Here's how to make it:
- Put the farro and water into a pot. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cover the pot and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, add the beans, broth, garlic, thyme and carrots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 15 minutes. Carefully mash some of the beans to help thicken the soup.
- Add the farro and continue cooking another 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Farro $4 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Cannellini Beans $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.