20-Minute Caramelized Salmon Recipe With Creamy Curry Sauce Is Restaurant Quality by Donna John
I love getting cooking inspiration from meals I've eaten at restaurants. This brown sugar salmon recipe with a creamy curry sauce is one of them. So many flavors to enjoy! It was one meal that I thought about for days, so I had to recreate it at home.
The simple brown sugar and mustard glaze caramelizes as it bakes, and is complemented perfectly by the creamy curry sauce. The easy curry sauce has four simple ingredients: heavy cream, curry powder, lemon juice and ground ginger. This is one 20-minute dinner that can be served on a busy Monday night or for special dinner guests over the weekend.
Serve this easy caramelized curry salmon recipe with jasmine rice and roasted vegetables. The salmon would also be great for meal prepping. If you have leftover salmon, flake it into a bowl and mix it was a little mayonnaise and curry powder for an Asian-inspired salmon salad.
Cuisine: American / Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 - 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Here's how to make it:
- Put the salmon into an oiled baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Stir together the brown sugar and mustard. Spoon the mixture over the salmon. Cook in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn on the broiler and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes or until brown sugar has caramelized and salmon is cooked through. (Watch it close because of the brown sugar it can burn quickly.)
- While the salmon bakes, put the cream, curry powder, lemon juice and ginger into a saucepot. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until it reduces and thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, either set the salmon on a bed of the curry sauce or spoon the sauce over.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Ginger $3 & Up
Jasmine Rice $2 & Up
Baking Dishes $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.