Easy Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe Is Like a Twice-Baked Potato, But Better by 30Seconds Food
Imagine a loaded baked potato turned into a creamy mashed potato casserole that tastes like a twice-baked potato. Sounds delicious, right? Well, we're telling you it is delicious!
This easy loaded mashed potato casserole recipe is like a twice-baked potato, but better. That's because it has all the creamy deliciousness of mashed potatoes with the added flavor of a loaded baked potato with the final touches of a twice-baked potato. Wow!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 4 - 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of salted, boiling water until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and mash.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the butter, garlic powder, half and half, sour cream, half of the cheese, bacon and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in an ovenproof skillet. Spoon the mashed potato mixture into the skillet and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.