Flavorful Boiled Shrimp Recipe: This Quick & Easy Boiled Shrimp Recipe Can Be a Main Dish or Appetizer by 30Seconds Food
The hardest part of this boiled shrimp recipe is peeling the shrimp. The shrimp are cooked in water flavored with the shrimp shells, garlic salt and a bay leaf. Quickly removing the shrimp to an ice bath ensures the cooking process stops so they're tender, juicy and not overcooked. Delicious!
Boiled shrimp can be served as an appetizer or for dinner. If serving for dinner, cole slaw or potato salad would be good side dish option. Serve with cocktail sauce, remoulade sauce, ketchup or Cajun dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 (main dish) or 8 (appetizer)
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, shell removed, deveined with tail left on (save the removed shells)
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 bay leaf
Here's how to make it:
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water. Add the shrimp shells, garlic powder and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and cook about 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through. (Time will depend on the size of the shrimp.)
- Remove the shrimp from the water with a slotted spoon and put them directly into the ice bath to cool. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.