Sweet & Peppery Onion Quinoa Sauté Recipe: The Dirty Vegan Has Done It Again by Catherine Gill, The Dirty Vegan
This quinoa recipe is awesome as is, used as filling in a hoagie roll or sandwich bun, or over salad greens. You can even add tomato marinara and cheese then broil to melt the cheese to add even more to this already awesome vegan recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 large bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, any type
Here's how to make it:
- In a large frying pan or skillet on medium heat, warm olive oil and sauté onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle sugar on top and allow it to caramelize for about 45 seconds.
- Stir in bell pepper and stir fry until peppers are tender.
- Stir in quinoa and sauté until quinoa is warmed.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Quinoa $3 & Up
Cane Sugar $3 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.