Detox Chicken Bone Broth Recipe: This Ginger Chicken Broth Recipe Is a Win-Win by 30Seconds Food
It has been said that drinking bone broth may help your body absorb nutrients, improve gut health and boost immunity. While there's still limited research of the health benefits of bone broth, we know that it is delicious to sip on. Not only that, it's not hard to make.
You'll need a whole chicken for this detox bone broth recipe. The chicken is gently simmered in water along with ginger root, garlic, green onions, cilantro and an optional bay leaf. After an hour, the meat is removed from the chicken and the bones put back into the broth. The gentle simmering will continue for four to five more hours. Pour the broth through a mesh strainer and sip on it immediately or refrigerate to enjoy later.
This easy ginger chicken broth recipe is not only a tasty sip, but you're left with the leftover chicken meat to make recipes with throughout the week. From casseroles to chicken salad to tacos, use the flavorful cooked chicken in any recipe that calls for cooked chicken. It's a win-win!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours
Total Time: 5 to 6 hours
- 1 whole chicken
- 9 cups water
- 1 large ginger root, grated
- 6 - 7 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 6 limes
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the chicken and turn the heat off while it cools. Once cool, remove the chicken and put the bones back into the broth. (Save the chicken meat for another recipe.)
- Continue to gently simmer the broth, covered, for 4 to 5 more hours. Strain the broth through a mesh strainer, if desired, once it is done simmering.
- Serve the broth with a wedge of lime, more chopped green onion and cilantro, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links. The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.