Chicken Soup Recipe for the Soul: This Classic Chicken Soup Recipe Has an Intense, Flavorful Broth by Julie Potiker
I just dropped off this classic chicken soup recipe with carrots and noodles to a sick friend. This easy chicken soup recipe has an intense broth and may help heal what ails you.
This flavorful chicken soup is a steaming bowl of comfort food for the soul, that everyone needs right now. It's perfect for dinner, or anytime you need a soothing meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 7 hours
Total Time: 5 to 7 hours
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 2 onions
- 2 parsnips
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- hot cooked noodles, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken into a large stock pot and cover with water. Season with salt and pepper. Boil for about 45 minutes, skimming the foam that collects at the top off as it cooks.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring back to a gentle simmer and cook 4 to 6 hours (or overnight) to create an incredible broth.
- Remove the chicken and debone. Remove the carrots to a container. Put the broth into the refrigerator for a few hours so that the fat rises to the top. Remove the fat.
- When ready to eat, put the broth back onto the stove. Add the chopped chicken and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. You can add the noodles to the soup before serving or serve the soup over noodles that are in a separate bowl.
Note: If you have leftover soup with the noodles in there, you may need to add more broth when you re-heat.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Stock Pots $10 & Up
Noodles $1 & Up
To-Go Soup Containers $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.