Here's a no-fail, basic spritz cookie recipe. Don't have a cookie press? See the link below to buy one!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 7 minutes
Total time: 15 to 17 minutes
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract (or your favorite baking extract)
- food coloring (optional)
- cookie decorations: sprinkles, cookie icing, etc. (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the flour, salt, egg and extract. If using food coloring, add a few drops to get desired color.
- Put the dough into a cookie press. Make shapes on a cookie sheet. Decorate as desired.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they are set but not brown. Remove and cool. If decorating after baking, let them cool completely.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.