Velvety Smooth Mashed Potatoes Recipe Has a Secret Ingredient by 30Seconds Food
Better have enough of this creamy, velvety, smooth mashed potato recipe so everyone can have seconds – or there may be a family feud on Thanksgiving! You are sure to get recipe requests.
The olive oil adds even more creaminess and richness, but adding it is up to you. Either way, you'll love this easy mashed potato recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil (optional, but recommended for optimal creaminess)
- fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Put the potatoes through a ricer or food mill into a large bowl.
- Put the cream and butter into a saucepot. Heat until just warm and melted together. Slowly start adding the cream into the potatoes, allowing it to absorb. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- If desired, stir in the olive oil before serving for even more richness.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Food Mills $20 & Up
Ricers $12 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.