Creamy Potato Bisque Recipe With Crunchy Potato Chips Is Completely Satisfying by 30Seconds Food
Velvety smooth potato bisque with thyme and onion has a fun crunch factor to it with the addition of potato chips. This easy potato soup recipe takes about 30 minutes to make and would be a delicious lunch or light dinner.
The creamy potato bisque is made with potatoes, green onions, onion, chicken broth, thyme and half and half. The broth is simmered on the stovetop for about 20 minutes. After it simmers, grab the immersion blender and blend it up until it's smooth and velvety. Ladle the smooth potato soup bowls and top with crushed potatoes chips. Delicious! For a little heat, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
Russet potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes work best for this potato soup recipe. Use fresh thyme leaves if you have it (fresh is always best!). But in a pinch, dried thyme works fine. If you can't eat dairy, try using nut milk in place of the half and half. It won't be as creamy, but still tasty. Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Add a little half and half when reheating to loosen it up.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups peeled sliced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half and half
- crushed red pepper flakes
- potato chips, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the broth into a soup pot. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the green onion, onion and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking gently for about 20 more minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the half and half and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Heat through. Ladle into soup bowls and top with crushed potato chips.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Soup Bowls $6 & Up
Immersion Blenders $12 & Up
Potato Chips $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Ladles $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.