Skinny Parmesan Mashed Potatoes Recipe: Save Those Calories for Dessert by 30Seconds Food
With very little butter, low-fat buttermilk and skim milk, this mashed potato recipe is a lot easier on the waistline than most. They're also ready in about 20 minutes!
Serve this skinny mashed potato recipe on Thanksgiving, and save those calories for pumpkin pie, pecan pie or pecan pie cake. You won't regret it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 17 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- chopped fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, warm the buttermilk and skim milk in a saucepan over low heat.
- Drain the potatoes. Pour in the warm milk and mash. Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Put the potatoes into a serving bowl and top with the butter and fresh herbs, if using.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Potato Cookbooks $5 & Up
Cooking Pots $10 & Up
Mashed Potato Serving Bowls $8 & Up
Potato Mashers $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.