Brazilian Churrasco Steakhouse Mashed Potato Recipe Is Outrageously Delicious by Donna John
A local Brazilian steakhouse – the ones that bring around those big skewers of meat – had the most amazing mashed potatoes. After a lot of coaxing (aka begging), they shared their garlic mashed potatoes recipe with me. I feel obliged to pass it on.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and rough chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- butter, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Add the sea salt. Bring to a boil and cook until they are fall-apart tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the cream and cook until it begins to simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Stir in the buttermilk and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the cream mixture into the potatoes and mash again. You want them creamy but not overly smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with butter and garnish with chopped green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.