Amish Classic "Poor Man's Steak" Recipe Is Pure Downhome Comfort Food by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 24 hours to chill
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 25 1/2 hours
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- flour, for dusting
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can water
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the steak ingredients except oil and flour. Press the mixture into a loaf pan. Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut the loaf into squares for single servings.
- Dust the slices in the flour. Heat a little oil in a skillet and brown the patties on each side. Put them into a baking pan.
- Combine the cream of mushroom soup and water. Pour it over the patties. Bake in a preheated 300-degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.