Johnny Apple Cheese Sandwich Recipe: 4-Ingredient Grilled Cheese Recipe Will Up Your Sandwich Game by 30Seconds Food
The Grilled Cheese and Beer Cookbook is spiced with wit and a passion for all things grilled cheese and beer. This off-the-charts grilled cheese sandwich recipe from the book has cheddar, apple and bacon. Oh, my!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced (or your favorite apple)
- 3 strips crisp cooked bacon
Here's how to make it:
- Grease one side of each slice of bread and place in a frying pan on medium heat, greased side down. Place the cheddar on the bread so that all of the bread is covered.
- Put the apple on one slice of bread so the cheese and bread are completely covered.
- Add bacon strips to the other slice of bread and cheese. Once the cheese is melted, put the sandwich together.
Beer Pairing: This one has a lot to work with for something so simple. A good European-style lager will do well to complement the sharpness of the cheddar and the smoky flavor from the bacon. Heineken and Grolsch would both do fine, but for those looking to accentuate the apple, why not try it with a cider? Although not beer, anyone trying this on a warm sunny day shouldn’t shy away from a nice Angry Orchard or Naked Flock to hit the notes a beer wouldn’t.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Frying Pans $10 & Up
Sandwich Makers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.