Easy One-Pot Uzbek Plov Recipe: Hearty Ukrainian Meat & Rice Recipe Is Rib Stickin' Good by 30Seconds Food
Plov, also known as pilaf to many, is a signature Ukrainian dish made with meat (usually beef or lamb), rice, carrots and onions. This simple plov recipe makes a hearty main dish, but can also be served as a side dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds beef, pork or lamb, cut into bite-sized pieces (pork shoulder, leg of lamb, sirloin, beef short ribs, ribeye, stew meat, chuck roast, etc.)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups long-grain rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 - 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the meat and cook until browned on all sides. Add the onion and carrots and continue to cook until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook about 1 minute, stirring. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the bay leaves and cumin.
- Pour in hot water to cover the ingredients by 1 inch. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for about 40 to 45 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Long Grain Rice $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.