Creamy Honey Spinach & Carrot Bisque Recipe With Crispy Garbanzo Beans Is Smoky & Sweet by Dina Deleasa-Gonsar DishItGirl.com
This carrot bisque is creamy, sweet and smoky. Canned carrots are the perfect backdrop for this decadent bowl of comfort. The canned spinach is packed with a hint of sea salt, so I didn’t even have to prep it, which gives me a bit more time to spend with my family! The green strands of spinach also make a colorful addition to an already bright dish. I always keep cans of garbanzo beans on hand in my “cantry.” I add them to so many recipes and this was no exception!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 38 minutes
Total Time: 48 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and patted dry (divided)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups canned carrot slices, drained
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Here's how to make it:
- To make the crispy garbanzo beans, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Take 1/2 cup of the garbanzo beans and toss them in a pinch of salt with olive oil. Lay them out on a rimmed baking sheet and roast the garbanzo beans for 25 minutes, until they turn golden brown, more toward the brown color. Set aside.
- To make the soup, heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large soup pot. Add the garlic and the onions. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in the carrots and the other 1/2 of the chickpeas. Mix to incorporate. Add the honey and remaining butter. Mix gently until all the carrots are well coated. Season with dill, kosher salt and smoked paprika
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes
- In a blender or using a immersion blender, puree the carrot mixture until smooth. (If you are using a blender cool down the mixture first before adding to the blender to avoid any burns.) Return to pot. Stir in 1 cup of the canned spinach.
- Add in the heavy cream and orange juice. Stir to combine. On a low heat, heat the soup through, but do not bring to a boil. Serve topped with the crispy garbanzo beans and drizzle of honey, if desired.
Find more recipes on DishItGirl.com.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Garbanzo Beans $2 & Up
Can Carrots $2 & Up
Can Spinach $1 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Dried Dill $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Orange Juice $3 & Up
Rimmed Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Immersion Blenders $12 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.