Healthy Chef-Approved Salmon Recipe: Gale Gand's Pounded Salmon Paillard Recipe With Cucumber & Dill by Gale Gand
Healthy and quick (super quick!), this easy salmon paillard recipe has a refreshing cucumber and dill topping. Summer food perfected!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 2 salmon filets, about 6 ounces each, skin off
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 English cucumber, striped and sliced thin
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, picked off the stem
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- a few slices red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Here's how to make it:
- To make the salmon, put your oven rack very close to the top heating element and preheat the broiler.
- Place each salmon piece between two sheets of plastic wrap. With the smooth end of a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin, pound the salmon until very thin, about 1/4-inch thick. Peel the plastic wrap away from the skin side of each fillet, flip it onto ovenproof plates, peel the remaining plastic wrap off and place the plates on a sheet pan. Brush the fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan very close to the heat and broil the salmon for about 2 minutes, or just until it begins to turn opaque.
- To make the cucumber garnish, slice the cucumbers on a mandoline. Combine them in a bowl with the rest of the garnish ingredients and let macerate. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- To serve, top the salmon with the cucumber garnish.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Meat Tenderizers $6 & Up
Rolling Pins $5 & Up
Ovenproof Plates $8 & Up
Sheet Pans $8 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Mandolines $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.