Stir-fried Turmeric Okra Recipe With Coconut: Easy 5-Ingredient Bhinda Nu Shaak Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Bhinda nu shaak is an Indian okra recipe that's made with shredded coconut and spices. This easy stir-fried okra with coconut recipe is easy to make and contains healthy turmeric.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen cut okra or fresh okra, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut or freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the cumin seeds and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add the okra. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until okra is tender and beginning to get lightly browned.
- Stir in the turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes, coconut and lemon juice, if using. Cook about 1 minute.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Cumin Seeds $4 & Up
Flaked Coconut $3 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.