2-Ingredient French Palmiers Cookie Recipe Will Impress by 30Seconds Food
Palmiers are a French cookie shaped like a palm leaf (palmier means "palm tree"). The cookies are made with puff pastry and sugar and rolled up to create the unique shape.
Hard to believe that this easy palmiers recipe is made with only two ingredients. While not traditional, you could sprinkle a little ground cinnamon over the dough, too. Mmm.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the sugar on a clean work surface. Lay one sheet of the puff pastry on top of the sugar. Using a rolling pin, gently smooth the dough.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar over the top of the pastry. Gently roll the rolling pin over the top to help the sugar adhere.
- Lay the other sheet of puff pastry on top of the sugar. Top with another 2 tablespoons of sugar. Roll the rolling pin over the sugar.
- Start at one end of the dough and roll it up to just the center. Repeat this on the other side to create the cookie. Trim the ends.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Cut the dough into 1/2-inch thick slices and lay them on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Gently flatten the dough with your hands.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly before removing to wax paper or baking racks to cool completely.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Sheets $8 & Up
Baking Racks $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Wax Paper $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Rolling Pins $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.