Chicken Pepperoni Recipe: We Think Charles Grodin Would Have Approved of This Easy One-Pan Chicken Recipe by Donna John
Actor Charles Grodin passed away at the age of 86 on May 18, 2021, after a battle with cancer. One of my favorite movies of his was Seems Like Old Times, where his character was obsessed with Aurora's chicken pepperoni. I hope he would have loved this easy pepperoni chicken recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (4 ounces) pepperoni
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Pour in the marinara sauce. Put the chicken back into the pan. Top each chicken breast with some pepperoni to cover. Cover and cook at a gentle simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese melts. Serve over pasta, if desired. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Charles Grodin Movies $3 & Up
Spaghetti Sauce $2 & Up
Marinara Sauce $2 & Up
Pepperoni $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.