Tempeh Harissa Burger Recipe: A Tasty 3-Ingredient Spicy Vegetarian Burger Recipe by 30Seconds Food
If you're craving a burger but don't eat meat, no worries! This easy three-ingredient tempeh burger recipe is flavored with harissa, so it's packed with flavor. Top with your favorite burger toppings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package (8 ounces) tempeh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup harissa
- couple drops liquid smoke (optional)
- hamburger buns
- sliced cucumber
- sliced red onion
- sliced avocado
- lettuce, spinach or arugula
- fresh chopped herbs
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tempeh into a steamer basket with a little water. Steam until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes. Put it into a blender.
- Add the egg, harissa and liquid smoke, if using. Pulse for about 30 seconds or until it forms a meat-like texture. Form into four patties.
- Put the patties onto a baking sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Harissa $4 & Up
Vegan Cookbooks $5 & Up
Vegetarian Cookbooks $5 & Up
Veggie Burger Atelier: Extraordinary Recipes for Nourishing Plant-Based Patties, Plus Buns, Condiments and Sweets $25
Steamer Baskets $7 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Liquid Smoke $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.