Easy Tom Yum Soup Recipe: This Creamy Thai Shrimp Soup Recipe Is Ready in About 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Tom yum (sometimes called tom yam) soup is a hot and sour soup from Thailand that's typically made with shrimp. This easy tom yum soup recipe cooks in about 20 minutes and is a flavorful, filling meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut in half (mince bottom part and keep top whole)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 kaffir lime leaves or 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup shiitake or button mushrooms, sliced (or your favorite mushroom)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half (optional)
- 1/2 can coconut milk (or more if you like a creamier soup)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- fresh cilantro and lime wedges, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the chicken broth in a large soup pot. Add the lemongrass and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, lime leaves and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes more.
- Add the shrimp, red bell pepper and cherry tomatoes. Cook another 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Turn heat to low. Add the coconut milk and fish sauce. Taste and adjust any seasonings or ingredients. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Soup Pots $10 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Coconut Milk $2 & Up
Kaffir Lime Leaves $5 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Fish Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.