The Best Halibut Recipe: An Easy 3-Ingredient Fish Recipe You Must Try by 30Seconds Food
When it comes to fish recipes, sometimes simple is the best way to go. This easy pan-seared halibut recipe is crispy and flavored with just a hint of lemon. Perfection.
The halibut is seasoned with salt and pepper before being cooked to golden perfection in a skillet. Lemon is squeezed over the fish at the end of cooking. Seriously, that's it. You could use other fish with this same cooking method. Be sure to adjust cooking time based on the thickness of the fish fillets.
Did you know that halibut is in the flounder family? Serve this seafood dinner with a vegetable, salad, grain or your favorite side dish. Can you believe three ingredients can be so delicious?
Prep Time: 15 minutes to come to temperature
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- 2 halibut fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or vegetable oil, for cooking
Here's how to make it:
- Take the fish out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking.
- When ready to cook, season the fish with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until golden. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 4 minutes.
- Flip the fish over and continue to cook until cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the fish. Serve immediately.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nonstick Pans $10 & Up
Fish Spatulas $5 & Up
Halibut Cookbooks $2 & Up
Grapeseed Oil $5 & Up
Vegetable Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.