The Perfect Southern Meal: Hickory BBQ Smoked Pork Ribs Recipe & Broccoli Cole Slaw (Plus a Tater!) by George Troxler
My favorite southern meal? Barbecue smoked pork ribs, a baked sweet potato and broccoli cole slaw. The only thing to improve on this would be cornbread.
Prep Time: 24 hours to marinate ribs
Cook Time: 4 to 6 hours
Total Time: 30 plus hours (but worth it)
Ingredients for Hickory Smoked Pork Ribs
Here's how to make them:
- Coat the ribs with the barbecue rub and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, slather them with Worcestershire sauce, tiger sauce, honey and butter.
- Smoke in a smoker until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F.
- Wrap in foil and add a splash of cola.
- Cook until temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Let them rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Broccoli Cole Slaw
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients, adding mayonnaise until it reaches desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Smokers $50 & Up
Barbecue Rubs $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $3 & Up
Tiger Sauce $5 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Coke $4 & Up
Chow Chow $4 & Up
Mayonnaise $2 & Up
Duke's Mayonnaise $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.