The Perfect Southern Meal: Hickory BBQ Smoked Pork Ribs Recipe & Broccoli Cole Slaw (Plus a Tater!) by George Troxler
My favorite southern meal? Barbecue smoked pork ribs, a baked sweet potato and broccoli cole slaw. The only thing to improve on this would be cornbread.
Prep Time: 24 hours to marinate ribs
Cook Time: 4 to 6 hours
Total Time: 30 plus hours (but worth it)
Ingredients for Hickory Smoked Pork Ribs
Here's how to make them:
- Coat the ribs with the barbecue rub and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, slather them with Worcestershire sauce, tiger sauce, honey and butter.
- Smoke in a smoker until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F.
- Wrap in foil and add a splash of cola.
- Cook until temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Let them rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Broccoli Cole Slaw
- broccoli, shredded
- carrots, shredded
- onions, chopped
- chow chow
- mayonnaise (I use Duke's mayonnaise)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients, adding mayonnaise until it reaches desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Smokers $50 & Up
Barbecue Rubs $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $3 & Up
Tiger Sauce $5 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Coke $4 & Up
Chow Chow $4 & Up
Mayonnaise $2 & Up
Duke's Mayonnaise $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.