Easy Mediterranean Salmon Breakfast Sandwich: This Zesty Salmon Sandwich Recipe Takes Lox & Bagels to a Whole New Level by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
Salmon is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, and is part of a heart-healthy Mediterranean diet that promotes health and longevity. A 3.5-ounce serving of salmon contains a whopping 22 to 25 grams of protein, is high in B vitamins (think niacin, riboflavin, folic acid), has 59 to 67 percent of the recommended daily allowance of selenium and is a good source of potassium, which may reduce high blood pressure.
My husband and I try to eat salmon a couple times a week, and we usually have leftovers. I used our leftover salmon to make an incredibly tangy and zesty salmon breakfast sandwich that can be eaten any time of day. This sandwich is creamy, lemony, tasty goodness that is crave-worthy. Leftover salmon just became an easy, healthy and delicious main course that I’ll be making again and again.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3 - 5 ounces cooked salmon (you could use canned salmon)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons capers
- juice of half a medium to large lemon
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Mediterranean seasoning, depending on how much salmon you use (I used Weber Mediterranean Herb Seasoning)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- whipped cream cheese, to taste
- bagel or whole wheat bread, toasted
- tomato slices
Here's how to make it:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Shred salmon and put it into a small bowl. Add the olive oil, capers, lemon juice and spices. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Spread whipped cream cheese onto a toasted bagel or whole wheat toast. Top with salmon and tomato. Makes one to two sandwiches.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Canned Salmon $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Capers $3 & Up
Mediterranean Seasonings $3 & Up
Bagels $3 & Up
Whole Wheat Bread $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.