Butter Bath for Corn Recipe: Spicy Honey Corn Butter Bath Adds a Kick to That Cob by Donna John
For this sweet and spicy butter bath for corn you'll need water, butter, milk, honey, crushed red pepper flakes and ground cayenne pepper. The corn gently cooks in the buttery water and then is left to soak up the flavor. If you don't want any spice in your corn, simply leave out the crushed red pepper flakes and ground cayenne.
This is a delicious side dish for dinner any day of the week. Make the buttery corn on the cob ahead of time then wrap it in foil if you are serving a crowd like on Memorial Day, Labor Day or July 4th. Don't forget the corn on the cob holders!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 2 - 4 ears corn on the cob
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- crushed red pepper flakes
- ground cayenne pepper
Here's how to make it:
1. Put the water, butter, milk, honey, crushed red pepper flakes and cayenne, if using, into a pot.
2. Add the corn. Bring to a simmer and cook about 10 minutes, turning the corn often.
3. Let the corn sit in the liquid while you finish dinner to soak up more of the flavor.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.