This Simple & Sweet Almond Croissant Recipe Will Make You Forget the Bakery Croissants by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 box refrigerated or frozen puff pastry, thawed
- sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
Here's how to make them:
- To make the almond cream, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract. Beat well. Add the flour and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Put one sheet of puff pastry on a work surface. Cut the dough into three rectangles, and then cut those into triangles.
- Put some of the almond cream on each triangle and spread to cover. Save the remaining almond cream for the top.
- Roll the triangles up starting at the widest end. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with another sheet of puff pastry in the same way.
- Combine the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush the croissants with the egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush them with the remaining almond cream, then sprinkle with the sliced almonds. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.