Creole Shrimp & Chicken Recipe Is a Flavorful & Fast One-Pan Dinner by 30Seconds Food
What happens when chicken meets shrimp? Creole magic in one pan! This easy recipe cooks in 20 minutes and has minimal prep.
Serve this easy chicken and shrimp recipe over rice for a flavorful and fast meal – it cooks in about 20 minutes. (Just add a few more minutes for prep!)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders or chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in the hot oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add the bell pepper, onion and celery. Cook until soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and shrimp. Cover and cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Combine the cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Add it to the skillet and cook until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Stewed Tomatoes $2 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Can it be made a day before serving? How long does it keep in the fridge? Can I freeze leftovers? Thanks!