Chicken Fricassee Recipe: The Creamy Wine Sauce in This Easy Chicken Fricassee Recipe Is Heavenly by 30Seconds Food
Literally, chicken fricassee means chicken that's cut up and fried. In this easy chicken fricassee recipe, the chicken is cooked in a creamy wine sauce. Keep in mind that it will take longer to cook if you use bone-in chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces or boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in the hot oil until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet. Cook the onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms until soft.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds. Add the wine and stir well. Bring to a simmer and cook until it is reduced by half.
- Add the broth, heavy cream, parsley and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Put the chicken back into the pan. Cover partially and cook until chicken is cooked through.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.