3-Ingredient Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe Is the Easiest (Most Delicious) Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Hot chocolate bombs are all the rage again this holiday season – and for good reason. Hot chocolate bombs have all the deliciousness of hot cocoa combined with a fun family activity.
This easy DIY hot chocolate bomb drink recipe has only three ingredients! If you like, you can add a variety of optional fillings, such as mini marshmallows, crushed candies, sprinkles, etc. It's entirely up to you how creative you want to be with this delicious dessert recipe.
This hot chocolate recipe is perfect for the holidays, but you also can enjoy it for Valentine's Day, birthdays or to celebrate a new mom, friends, family, coworkers or your kids. And "just because" works, too. Enjoy every delicious drop!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: About 6
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate mix
- hot chocolate bomb mold
- optional fillings: mini marshmallows, sprinkles, crushed candy bars, toffee bits, cinnamon, crushed peppermint candies, etc.
Here's how to make them:
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave (microwave for 30 seconds, stop to stir with a silicone spatula, then microwave again for 30 seconds and repeat until chocolate is melted) or in a double boiler.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into the molds. Cover the entire inside of the molds with chocolate. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Carefully (very carefully!) remove the chocolate from the molds.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of hot chocolate mix into each half of the chocolate molds. Fill them about three-quarters full. Add desired fillings, if using.
- Heat a plate in the microwave. Put the rim of one half of an empty chocolate mold on the plate to melt the edge. This happens very quickly. Remove and attach to a filled half to complete the chocolate bomb. Refrigerate again to set.
- If desired, decorate the outside of the chocolate bombs with sprinkles or chocolate piping.
- To serve, drop the hot chocolate bomb into a mug of hot milk. Then watch the magic happen!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hot Chocolate Bomb Molds $10 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Mini Marshmallows $2 & Up
Hot Chocolate Mix $3 & Up
Toffee Bits $3 & Up
Sprinkles $3 & Up
Candy Bars $3 & Up
Peppermint Candies $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Double Boilers $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.