Rosemary Shortbread Cookies Recipe: How to Use That Rosemary Christmas Tree on the Counter by 30Seconds Food
It's hard to resist not putting one of the Christmas tree-shaped rosemary plants in your grocery basket. But why resist when you can make these fun rosemary cut-out cookies for your holiday cookie tray? (Also, there are so many delicious recipes using rosemary!)
There are minimal ingredients in these shortbread cookies: butter, sugar, flour, salt and rosemary. That's it. They are moist and tender with a pop of woodsy rosemary. These holiday cookies would be so festive on a charcuterie board or cookie platter. Store the cookies in an airtight container. Makes a great food gift!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
Here's how to make it:
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the flour and salt. Blend well. Roll the dough into a ball, and then press into a disc shape. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Press the rosemary into the top of the dough. (You could also cut out first and then press on the rosemary leaves.)
- Cut the dough into tree shapes using a tree cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Sheets $6 & Up
Rolling Pins $6 & Up
Rosemary Tree Plants $12 & Up
Tree Cookie Cutters $4 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Plastic Wrap $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.