Skillet Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe Doesn't Require an Oven by 30Seconds Food
Sweet potatoes may take third seat on Thanksgiving – but only to the turkey and pumpkin pie. This easy candied sweet potato recipe doesn't require an oven, which we all know is important when cooking a big meal.
Adjust the amount of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to fit your family's tastes. You would also use pumpkin pie spice for even more fall feels.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients in a skillet. Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook until the liquid gets syrupy, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.