Easy Rouladen Recipes: This German Comfort Food Recipe Is What to Make for Oktoberfest by 30Seconds Food
Rouladen, a popular dish in Germany, is steak rolls filled with bacon, mustard and onions. This dish is often served with potatoes and red cabbage.
- 8 pieces round steak, about 4 ounces each, pounded thin
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 cups water (divided)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Here's how to make it:
- Lay the meat on a work surface. Spread 1/2 tablespoon Dijon on each piece of the meat. Top with the minced onion, a slice of bacon and the paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Roll the steaks up and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the steak rolls and cook until browned on all sides. Pour in the broth and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low, covered, about 30 minutes. Remove the steak rolls and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of water and the cornstarch. Slowly pour the slurry into the liquid in the skillet. Cook, stirring, until sauce gets thick, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the steak rolls back into the sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley or dill, if desired, and serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
German Cookbooks $3 & Up
Germany Travel Guides $6 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Beef Broth $1 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Toothpicks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.