30-Minute Cod Recipe in Creamy Thai Coconut Curry Sauce Will Tantalize Those Taste Buds by Donna John
Delicate cod floating in a sea of green Thai coconut curry sauce is ready in about 30 minutes. Seriously! Don't you think it's time to try something a little different in the recipe rotation? This easy cod recipe is it!
Serve with noodles or rice, and adjust the amount of curry paste to fit your taste. Any white fish would work well in this fish recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 2 - 4 cod or tilapia white fish fillets
- 1 - 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (divided)
- 1 red Thai chili or red jalapeno, chopped
- rice noodles, white rice, brown rice or your favorite Chinese noodles, cooked according to package directions
Here's how to make it:
- Put the fish fillets into a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a skillet and add the green curry paste. Cook, stirring, about 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, lime zest and about half of the chopped cilantro. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat off.
- Pour the curry sauce over the fish fillets. Sprinkle with more cilantro. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- While the fish bakes, prepare the noodles or rice according to package directions.
- To serve, put the rice or noodles into individual serving bowls. Top with a fish fillet and spoon the curry sauce over the top. Garnish with more fresh cilantro and the chopped red chili pepper.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Green Curry Paste $5 & Up
Coconut Milk $2 & Up
Fish Sauce $4 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Rice Noodles $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Chinese Noodles $43 & Up
Brown Rice $3 & Up
Serving Bowls $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.