Easy Hummus Recipes: How to Make Healthy & Flavorful White Bean Hummus With Thyme & Basil by Donna John
Hummus is a healthy snack to feel good about, but who says chickpeas should have all the fun? This savory white bean hummus is packed with fresh herbs and unexpected flavors. Serve with pita chips, pita bread or fresh vegetables for a nutritious snack or light lunch.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained (I used great northern beans)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the beans, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, vinegar and Dijon in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the thyme and basil. Pulse until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust any ingredients, as desired. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Canned White Beans $1 & Up
Great Northern Beans $1 & Up
Tahini $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Dijon $2 & Up
Pita Chips $3 & Up
Pita Bread $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.