Best Taco Casserole Recipe: Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipe Is Tried & True by Tanya Kuzmanovic
A friend passed along this taco casserole recipe to me, knowing how much I love easy-to-assemble, pop-in-the-oven casserole meals. It's based on the Taco Fiesta Bubble Up Casserole found at Drizzle Me Skinny – with a few changes.
I made the easy taco casserole recipe ahead of time and kept it refrigerated until supper, then popped it in to bake for an hour.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tube country biscuits dough (10 biscuits)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used red and yellow)
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- sour cream, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef with the taco seasoning, chopped onion and peppers. Once cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl and add salsa. Stir well.
- Cut each biscuit into six pieces. Place half the biscuit pieces into a sprayed lasagna dish and cover with half the beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle the top with the green onion.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F (if making immediately). If refrigerated, increase bake time to 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving. Top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.