30-Minute White Chicken Chili Recipe Tastes Like It Simmered All Day by Donna John
No simmering all day here with this delicious chicken chili recipe. This quick white chicken chili recipe is ready in about 30 minutes. The easy chicken chili is perfect for a fast dinner or lunch any time of the year.
The white chicken chili is made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The chicken is cooked with onion and celery for about five minutes, then the chicken broth, chopped green chiles, fresh chopped cilantro, garlic powder, ground cumin and dried oregano are added and simmered about 15 minutes. The last step is adding the great northern beans or black-eyed peas. Five more minutes of cooking and dinner is done.
Sprinkle in some crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat. You could even add some fresh chopped jalapeno. Serve the hearty white chicken chili with a side salad for a complete meal. It's a great meal-prep soup, too!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, or to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans or black-eyed peas, undrained (I used great northern beans)
- optional toppings: fresh cilantro, grated cheese, chopped green onion, diced avocado
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add the chicken, onion and celery and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, green chiles, cilantro and the spices. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve as is or with desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Bowls $6 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $1 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
Oregano $3 & Up
Ground Red Pepper $3 & Up
Great Northern Beans $1 & Up
Black-eyed Peas $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.