Creamy Mint Frosting Recipe: A Refreshing Green Peppermint Frosting for St. Patrick's Day by 30Seconds Food
For St. Patrick's Day, color the frosting green and surprise your little leprechauns. Even better, have them make some of this fun frosting with you. It'll be the icing on your St. Paddy's Day cake or cupcakes.
The simple frosting is made with powdered sugar, butter, milk and peppermint extract. Green food coloring provides the fun green color and can be adjusted from light green to dark green. All the ingredients are put into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Use milk to make the creamy mint frosting as thick or thin as you need it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 6 cups
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl. Beat on low with an electric mixer until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to high and continue to beat until desired consistency. (You can add more milk to thin it.)
- If coloring icing green, add desired amount of green food coloring. If you don't have green food coloring, you can add 2 drops of yellow and 1 drop of blue food coloring to create green.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.