Quick Green Beans Recipe With Bacon & Caramelized Onions Has Just 5 Ingredients by 30Seconds Food
Green beans and bacon are a marriage made in heaven. When caramelized onions join the party, it gets even better. This green beans with caramelized onions and bacon recipe has just five simple ingredients and is ready in about 20 minutes. The onions are caramelized in the bacon grease alone with garlic. The result is incredibly delicious!
This easy green bean recipe is quick, tasty and the perfect side dish for any protein – chicken, beef, pork or lamb. In a pinch, you could use canned or frozen green beans instead of fresh, but try to go fresh whenever possible for the best results. Green beans have never tasted so good!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed off
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Here's how to make it:
- Put the green beans into a pot of boiling, salted water for abut 5 minutes. Drain and dunk into an ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet (do not drain bacon grease). Add the onion and cook until caramelized, about 6-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add the green beans to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, until they get a little color on them, about 5 minutes. Add bacon and serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.