20-Minute Avocado Frittata Recipe With Cheese Is a Whole Lotta Yum by 30Seconds Food
A frittata is a quick, filling and a delicious family meal. But when you add avocado to your frittata, something magic happens. This easy avocado frittata with cheese is a whole lotta yum!
Crispy prosciutto or bacon up the wow factor if you have a meat lover in the house. Sun-dried tomatoes are another great addition to this baked frittata recipe. If you don't want to mess with your broiler, skip the browning step. It'll taste just as good. Serve this cheesy frittata for lunch, dinner, brunch or breakfast.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt or Morton Nature’s Seasons (or to taste)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a ovenproof skillet. Beat the eggs and milk together. Season with the seasoned salt (or just use salt and pepper). Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the grated mozzarella or cheddar and green onion. Continue cooking until eggs are about halfway done.
- Lay the avocado slices over the eggs. Sprinkle with the Cotija or feta cheese. Cover the pan and cook another 3 minutes, or until almost done.
- Remove the lid and pop under a broiler for about 1 minute to brown the top.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.