Best Pickled Eggplant Recipe: Eggplant Is What Peter Piper Really Wanted to Pick by Donna John
Eggplant Parmesan and fried eggplant was the only way I grew up eating this vegetable. But as I grew older, my love for eggplant grew as well, so I looked for new ways to prepare it.
This easy pickled eggplant recipe is delicious on toasted bread, sandwiches, in pasta or part of a charcuterie board.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
- 2 pounds thin eggplant, but into thin rounds
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- small hot red and green peppers or 1 sweet bell pepper, sliced
- mixture of chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- 6 - 7 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- In a pot, bring the vinegar and water to a boil. Add the eggplant slices and cook 3 minutes (do not overcook or they'll be mushy!). Remove eggplant to paper towels and allow to sit about 15 minutes to dry out.
- In clean mason or canning jars, layer the eggplant, peppers, herbs and garlic.
- Pour the olive oil into the jar to cover the vegetables. Allow to sit a few hours before eating.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Vinegar $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.