Chipotle Butternut Squash, Kale & Chickpea Casserole Recipe: This Fall Casserole Recipe Is a Vegetable Lover's Dream by Gwen Johnson
With a simple chipotle sauce, you can transform kale, chickpeas and butternut squash into a flavorful vegetarian and vegan meal. If you're a meat lover, serve as a side dish with the protein of your choice.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped fine
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the sauce ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the butternut squash and chickpeas to the sauce. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook in a preheated 425-degree F oven about 35 to 40 minutes, or until squash is tender. Stir the squash and chickpeas halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the squash and chickpeas from the oven and stir in the chopped kale. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with the pumpkin seeds and serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce $2 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Pumpkin Seeds $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.