20-Minute Linguine Bolognese Recipe With Zucchini Is a Healthy One-Pot Wonder by Donna John
Kids (and husbands!) will never know there's healthy zucchini in their Bolognese sauce. One thing you will know – this easy Bolognese recipe only requires one pot for cooking, making cleanup a snap. Want to up the veggie factor even more? Stir in some grated carrot with the zucchini.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the linguine according to package directions in salted water, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain and set noodles aside in a bowl.
- Brown the ground beef in the same pot. When cooked through, remove from the pot and add to the reserved pasta.
- Add the olive oil to the same pot. Cook the onion until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the tomatoes, soy and about half of the pasta cooking water. Bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Taste and re-season, if necessary, and add the remaining cooking water, if desired.
- Add the pasta and Parmesan. Still to combine. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Linguine $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Crushed Tomatoes $1 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.